Geek Badge is a culmination of imagination and life experience. Our main goal is to set a standard in media while maintaining our own standards. We wish to be the one-and-only place that people who share our lifestyle need be. Filled with Reviews, News, Impressions, Features, Blogs, Expo Coverage, Podcasts and personality. We wear our Geek Badge, so wear it proudly.
Wyatt “Sheriff Earp” Fossett
Owner & Editor-In-Chief
With 6+ years in the video game industry, Wyatt has taken it upon himself to release an idea unto the populous. A brain child of epic proportions quickly transformed into reality. Infusing himself in his work, Wyatt sets out to be the go-to guy when it comes to creativity. One simple sentence changed his life and passion forever; “I’m a geek and I’m proud of that.” Therefor, Geek Badge was born to collectively express the qualities of being a geek and a gamer.
- Favorite Games: The Legend of Zelda (series), Mass Effect (series), Dirt3, NHL (series), Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space (series), Portal (series), Skyrim,
- Favorite Movies/TV: The Blues Brothers, The Princess Bride, Scott Pilgrim, FireFly, Red Dwarf, Arrested Development, HIMYM, Sherlock, Top Gear
- Favorite Comics: Chew, Scott Pilgrim, Straczinski’s Spider-Man, John’s Flash, Morrison’s Batman & Robin, POWERS
- Favorite Music: Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB.King, The Spill Canvas, The Black Keys, Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Grady
- Favorite Tech/Toy: My Windows Phone 7, Astro A40′s, Alienware Laptops, Halo Reach Figures, Collectible Statues
Aaron “Angelbait” Fossett
Associate Editor, Gaming & Film/TV
Fresh from the Independent Developer scene, Aaron has dreams beyond that which fit a single human. His IndieDev studio “NoDice Games” is now hard at work on their first iOS title with their sights set on conquering more mediums in the future. Aaron doesn’t boast writing credentials but does sport a vast knowledge of both the video game world and the film/tv realms.
- Favorite Games:Super Metroid, DOOM, Baulder’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
- Favorite Movies/TV: Fifth Element, Red Dwarf
- Favorite Comics: Thor, Chew, Transmetroplitan
- Favorite Music: 8-bit, Dubstep, Every form of METAL!
- Favorite Tech/Toy: My desktop will always be my favorite tech and toy!
Jessica “Jesster” Tokle
Associate Editor, Marketing & PR co-ordinator
Born talker, impeccably suave and convincingly warm-hearted. Jessica is the beauty behind Geek Badge and boasts an impressive portfolio of marketing and PR experience. Jessica is also taking her first dance in writer shoes, but trust me folks, she could sell finger paintings to the blind. With the tongue of a wizard and the soul of a deity, Jessica looks to make an unavoidable stand within Geek Badge. Look out!
- Favorite Games: Little Big Planet 1&2, Dragon Age, Bejeweled, Viva Pinata, Beatles RockBand, anything with Mario in it
- Favorite Movies/TV: Crash, Inception, Breakfast Club, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Seven Pounds, Family Guy, Community, the Adventures of Merlin, any BBC documentary
- Favorite Comics: Scott Pilgrim, Archie, Sunday funnies
- Favorite Music: Angus & Julia Stone, Kings of Leon, Grady, Scott Pilgrim soundtrack
- Favorite Tech/Toy: My iPhone, DSlite, NES & SNES, Netflix
Chris “CoNoJo” Norris-Jones
News Wizard, Associate Editor
Chris has been living in a virtual world ever since his grandmother bought him his first NES when he was three. He hopes to one day combine his three passions of gaming, writing, and history into something magical (or at least sustainable), while in the meantime he can often be found at the local bar lamenting how nothing will ever be as good as the Super Nintendo.
- Favourite Games: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Deus Ex, Mass Effect (series)
- Favourite Movies/Televison: Fight Club, Inception, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Wire, Community
- Favourite Music: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Death From Above 1979, Fugazi, Sublime
- Favourite Tech/Toys: My busted iPhone 3GS, and the ‘War’ Darksiders toy I was given for free, who watches over me as I sleep
Rob “Renegade” Hughes
Self-proclaimed “Renaissance Man”, Rob is an actor, musician, artist, wannabe writer and comic enthusiast. Even though he doesn’t have much experience writing and reviewing, he is happy to contribute his opinion about comics, movies, television and music. He is currently writing a cartoon (or possibly comic) series, which is, at this point, nowhere near being finished. Damn writer’s block!
- Favorite Games: Donkey Kong Country, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Earthworm Jim 2.
- Favorite Movies/TV: Unforgiven, There Will Be Blood, Tropic Thunder, most comic book movies, TV: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Archer, Weeds, Mad Men.
- Favorite Comics: Spider-Man, Deadpool, Sin City, Wolverine.
- Favorite Music: Our Lady Peace, Matthew Good, Tool, Deftones, Beck, Radiohead.
- Favorite Tech/Toy: iPod, my 5 Spider-Man action figures I’ve had since I was ten.
Mitchell “Niyeaux” Bowman
By virtue of having older siblings, Mitchell was born into a house filled with NESs and GameBoys, coming as close to being “born with a controller in his hand” as possible. In the 23 years since then, videogame controllers have continued to have a remarkable tenacity when it comes to sticking to his hands.
- Favorite Games: Megaman 3, Ninja Gaiden, Crimson Skies, Golden Sun, Mirror’s Edge
- Favorite Movies: Goodfellas, City of God, Memento, Taxi Driver, Amores Perros
- Favorite Music: La Dispute, Dillinger Escape Plan, At The Drive-In, Refused, Envy
- Favorite Tech/Toys: I’m a sucker for vintage audio gear. Sansui, Marantz, B&W…the good stuff.
Michael “Bonbolapti” Lylyk
When Michael isn’t worrying about his career he likes to write about video games. He also likes to draw and talk about video games. Basically Michael is a pretty big Dork when it comes to video games, and will gladly go out of his way to talk about how great they can be.
- Favorite Games: Tetris, Nier, Work Time Fun, Final Fantasy VI or XII.
- Favorite Movies: The Hudsucker Proxy, Dragon Ball Evolution. TV: House, Futurama, Community.
- Favorite Music: Beck, Zero 7, Game Soundtracks
- Favorite Tech/Toys: anything that works. Toy: Ninja Turtles